To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
1) Development and application of quality benchmarks.
2) Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
3) Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
4) Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
5) Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders.
6) Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
7) Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
8) Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
9) Cultivating a desire for the pursuit of excellence in teaching-learning and research among the faculty, staff, students and other stakeholders.
10) Undertaking quality-related initiatives, consultancy and training programmes.
11) Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to
1) Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
2) Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
3) Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution.
4) Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
5) Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
6) Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.